Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dear Feet,

I recently got a pair of Vibram 5 Finger Performa shoes. Aside from a few really small issues, they are quite possibly the best gym shoe ever. They are like iso"toe"ners (GET IT?!) for your feet!

The leather is super soft, and once you get them on it's almost like wearing nothing at all. This is awesome for me because I hate wearing shoes of almost any sort. Sure I'll bust out a cute pair of heels every once in a while, but I prefer flip flops or bare feet (or penguin slippers in the winter).

I'm all about comfort, and breaking in a pair of sneakers at the gym this past couple of weeks has been pure torture. In that respect the performa gained an epic win over sneakers. I could feel my toes :)  There is virtually no massive breaking in to do. No toe cramps. No blisters. No tripping over massive sneakers for my massive feet.

Now, since a review can't be all positive, here are the issues I've had with them, although incredibly minor:

1. My feet are huge. If I was a man this would mean a very large penis, but I'm not a man so all it means is difficulty finding shoes that fit right (thank GOD it doesn't mean a massive vagina :D ). I got the largest size performa and it all fit's very well on the left foot, except for the pinky toe. I'm hoping the leather stretches a bit to help with this. The same on the right foot except it's the pinky toe and it's neighbor. In the future I would likey get a pair of Mocs. They are the men's performa and come in bigger sizes.


4 Out of 5 Toes Recommend the Performa

2. The price. They were $110 dollars (I put them on my credit card). I love them, but for that price I wish I could wear them more places, which brings me to my last point...

3. They are inside only shoes. :(  Part of what makes them so comfortable makes them unsuitable for outside wear. I mean, you could probably wear them to the grocery store, but you better hope there arent any sharp rocks in the parking lot. Luckily, Vibram makes other models of the 5 finger that are more suited to the outside world. They are not as cute however.

So overall I give the performa a big thumbs up. They kick the pants off of sneakers at the gym, and if I treat them right I think they'll be a great investment.

And I would and will definately get a second pair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment